Saturday, November 10, 2012

Long Productive Saturday

It's 6:24pm right now. I have been busy designing this website since 11am today! I am still going to do more on it for the rest of the evening, but I wanted to take a little break, finally get around to my "morning" coffee, and update our readers on my progress.

I added a visitor counter to the main menu page. It will be interesting to see how many hits we get. Check it out here!

I have researched various slideshow technologies available through Adobe applications as well as internet applications. I found a great one that I could get to work when viewed through my own files (opening it into a browser window from my own files to look at it... I hope that makes sense) but could not get it to work when I uploaded it to the internet. I read through countless online support forums and it looks as though I'm not the only person with this problem. After a couple hours of trying to figure that out, I found Smilebox. It allows me to make some great slideshows, but they don't play inside the web pages I've built. It'll do for now, but I refuse to give up on the great stuff available through the Adobe Creative Suite. You can see the Smilebox slideshow I created for the "Galeria de Fotos" here. Please let me know if you have any problems with it!

I have also added a copyright and watermark to every photo we've got displayed on the Galeria de Fotos and the Cultura pages. This copyright is actually Miguel Salinas's shadow. I have a copyright symbol "©" placed on the shadow and I am using the whole thing as a watermark. It might be fun to go view the slideshow in the galeria and see if you can spot the watermarks!

The shadow I used:


I'm sure you have seen the amazing photograph used on the Welcome page at www.texmexorusa.org. That is actually located at the Salinas residence. Miguel staged the photo with a lot of different artifacts and other items that have meaning to the entire project. Today I added numbers on the photograph (not on the front page, though) and Miguel is going to write up an explanation for each item. A link will be added when that is ready and you can all enjoy knowing what it's all about!



OK, it's back to work for me... Maybe I should eat something, too. Hmm... By the end of the night I will have a slideshow posted on the Cultura page and possibly a lot more of Miguel's amazing photographs published with watermark/copyright on the website. Be sure to check it out!!!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment